he opening date for The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley was announced this morning on “The Today Show.”
The new park expansion at Universal Orlando will open July 8 and will include several new interactive experiences.
There will be two live shows held in the shopping area called Carkitt Market, but the times and days have not been announced yet. The first show will bring to life two fables from “The Tales of Beedle the Bard,” from the seventh film, “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1.” In the second show, guests will hear never-before-heard songs by The Singing Sorceress: Celestina Warbeck and the Banshees.
Here is what guests will see in the brand-new expansion:
What will you see in Diagon Alley?
– Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes: This is where you can purchase tricks and treats in the Weasley twins’ joke shop.
– The Leaky Cauldron: In the Harry Potter series, this is where you enter into Diagon Alley. However, in Universal’s version of Diagon Alley, the Leaky Cauldron is on the left when you enter the park. You can sample a menu of British pub fare.
– Ollivander’s: This is where you can purchase your wand.
– Scribbulus: This store features feather quills, ink and inkwells, journals and other writing necessities.
– Madam Malkin’s: This is where you can get the proper Hogwarts student attire, like wizard’s robes and character costumes.
– Quality Quidditch Supplies: Here you will find brooms, sweaters and other Quidditch props from the films.
– Florean Fortescue’s: This is where you can go when you’ve got a hankering for something sweet. Florean’s serves up unique flavors of ice cream, including Butterbeer flavor.
– Gringotts Bank: This is where all the action is. You will see the fire-breathing dragon at the very top of the bank and when you enter, you will see the animatronic goblins busy at work behind the counters. You can experience the “Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts” ride, which will take you deep into the vaults of the bank. Check out our article on what you can expect during the ride.
– Wiseacre’s Wizarding Equipment: Once you exit Gringotts, you can head to this gift shop to grab your wizarding essentials to take back with you to the Muggle world.
In “Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets,” a new land was introduced called Knockturn Alley. Here you can grab up some “evil” goods like Death Eater masks and skulls in Borgin and Burkes.
Guests will also be able to ride the Hogwarts Express iconic transport from Hogsmeade in Islands of Adventure to King’s Cross in Universal Studios.